Workshop audio solutions

@Retroanaconda

If you do decide to go with the Echo Dot, I have one I got free with another purchase. I can't use it in the house and I'm sorted for the garage, so happy to send it your way as a thank you for the savings in time and effort your excellent site has given me.

It is a lowly Gen 2 though, no idea what the difference is between that and a 3.

Edited by ThreePointFive
  • Like 1

Thanks all, especially @ThreePointFive for that very generous offer. I have got myself sorted though I think.

The cheap Bluetooth speaker arrived today and seems to work quite well, once paired I simply turn it on and the phone picks it up as the primary audio device. Thereafter any playback through Classic FM or BBC radio apps, Spotify, or even music on the phone is channelled via the speaker. Seems powerful enough for its size and while it will win no awards for outright sound quality its more than adequate for some background listening in a garage. Battery life is claimed to be quite a few hours but it will likely stay plugged in most of the time, though being mobile I could deploy it anywhere else that it was required as others have suggested.