P38 brakes.

Simon_CSK

The car is now being used regularly for the first time in 3 years so everything is starting to be used again. Before I put the car in for the MOT check I made sure all the brake sliders were working, the calipers were free and the pads had plenty of "meat" on them.

Over the last couple of days,I am not driving the car fast, I have noticed that the brakes require a lot of effort to make the car stop. Am I right to assume that the accumulator has failed?

How long does it take for the 3 warning lights to go out after first start? That's the first indication of a failing accumulator. Usually, once up to pressure, it will be fine (with the pump keeping pressure up regularly).

12 hours ago, Escape said:

How long does it take for the 3 warning lights to go out after first start? That's the first indication of a failing accumulator. Usually, once up to pressure, it will be fine (with the pump keeping pressure up regularly).

Will check when I get time. Thanks

On 6/2/2020 at 5:21 PM, elbekko said:

Could be. Is the pump coming on a lot?

Don't know but will check. Thanks

Have spent the day playing with the brakes on two Range Rovers 😋

Accumulator changed and the brakes are working well on the P38.

And brake pipes replaced from front to both rear wheels on my TDV8. Only need to fill up with fluid and bleed, check for leaks and refit all covers and trim. Job for later in the week as I was too tired tofinish it off.