Will eventually be doing the NC500. Coming from Nottingham, where can i "offroad" on the way up to Scotland?

Jamaica

I will be driving up from Nottingham, either on the way or while in Scotland i would like to take the 4x4 offroad. It does not have to be anything crazy but it is something i would like to do.

Do you have any reccomendations? I will add these into the itinerary.

Welcome to the Madhouse.

As you may have learned by now, "off roading" is illegal in Scotland and they really don't like strays...

There are some interesting roads

With Tarmac.

Bon Voyage & enjoy !

There's not much in the way of publicly available off-roading in Scotland and, whilst you can walk pretty much anywhere you like thanks to the Right to Roam act, you aren't allowed to take a vehicle on to private land without permission of the land owner.

There are some companies in and around Perthshire that do safari-type expeditions through some of the estates but that's probably not what you're looking for?