heated drivers seat l494

castlehill

On 6/10/2020 at 7:42 AM, castlehill said:

I need to replace the heated pads does anyone know if they are wired in series   so if one goes down then both seat base and back  will not heat up ?

I would very much doubt that because the electrical draw for just one seat would be high. Also it would mean when the drivers seat is on then the passenger seat would be on.

32 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

I would very much doubt that because the electrical draw for just one seat would be high. Also it would mean when the drivers seat is on then the passenger seat would be on.

I think castlehill meant both back and base of each individual seat, rather than both seats together wired in series. Wiring both pads within the seat in series makes more sense - wouldn't be surprised by that.

• 8 months later...

I changed the heated seat element pad in driver side seat today. The heated seat was not working at all before. Now both the base and back is working proving that they are wired in series. This is apparently now common for the driver side heated seat to stop working. Solution was to change the element pad, took around an hour start to finish. I took the seat out..