Next Problem, Think its Fuel

Maybe try it with a pipe from a can of diesel to the lit pump and see what it does, then again from the can straight to the filter (run the output from the lift pump into the can or diesel will go everywhere!). It rules out the pipe from the tank and then the lift pump itself then  

29 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Maybe try it with a pipe from a can of diesel to the lit pump and see what it does, then again from the can straight to the filter (run the output from the lift pump into the can or diesel will go everywhere!). It rules out the pipe from the tank and then the lift pump itself then  

Thanks. Will I have to use clear pipe when I do that ?

Not necessarily but if you do you would see air in it if its there. I am wondering if its sucking air from the supply pipe from the tank or even through the lift pump diaphragm (although with the latter I would think you would notice that as an external leak). Mine will run and drive (and drive well) without the lift pump at all so it should behave fine even bypassed.

2 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Not necessarily but if you do you would see air in it if its there. I am wondering if its sucking air from the supply pipe from the tank or even through the lift pump diaphragm (although with the latter I would think you would notice that as an external leak). Mine will run and drive (and drive well) without the lift pump at all so it should behave fine even bypassed.

So is that Air running through now from my lift pump ? 

If it is pipe from tank should there be a leak somewhere along the line as I have looked and cant see anything.

48 minutes ago, kevin50 said:

So is that Air running through now from my lift pump ? 

If it is pipe from tank should there be a leak somewhere along the line as I have looked and cant see anything.

Well, it kind of looks like it to me. My electric lift pump has a clear bowl on it like a sedimentor and it looks nothing like that - it just smoothly pulls fuel in and pushes it on to the filter head. It doesnt look turbulent like your pipes show.

4 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Well, it kind of looks like it to me. My electric lift pump has a clear bowl on it like a sedimentor and it looks nothing like that - it just smoothly pulls fuel in and pushes it on to the filter head. It doesnt look turbulent like your pipes show.

Thanks for help.

Im hopeless at stuff like this. I take it my lift pump Is Working though ?  just need to find out where air is getting in.

2 hours ago, reb78 said:

When you say from can to lift pump do you mean from can to bottom pipe on pump, or top pipe as if it was coming from tank ? ?

and from can to filter ,  do you mean from can straight in to filter ?

Yep. That's what I would do. Knowing how mine runs without a lift pump (very well) I would try from can to filter first. If it runs fine like that you rule out the connections from the filter and the pump 

Edited by reb78

11 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Yep. That's what I would do. Knowing how mine runs without a lift pump (very well) I would try from can to filter first. If it runs fine like that you rule out the connections from the filter and the pump 

Thanks Again so from Can to Banjo arrowed in Pic ??1753192263_FuelFilter00003(2)_LI.jpg.9c601e99df4e41ba629adce413045967.jpg

The pickup pipe in the tank can sometimes be the problem - they rust and can develop pinholes.  The giveaway is that they only suck in air once the fuel level drops below the hole, so if you only get this level are a certain fuel quantity, then it points at the pickup.

25 minutes ago, Snagger said:

The pickup pipe in the tank can sometimes be the problem - they rust and can develop pinholes.  The giveaway is that they only suck in air once the fuel level drops below the hole, so if you only get this level are a certain fuel quantity, then it points at the pickup.

That's partly what I was wondering. Do you agree that looks too turbulent with air mixed in the clear pipe Snagger?