Rust treatment recommendations

There is a little rust on my bulkhead, esp around the hinges and along the top under the windscreen seal. I have given it a good prod with a scraper and screw driver and the metal is sound only one area which i would describe as a little deeper than surface rust. 

What is the best thing to treat the rust with before painting. I have used Kurust in the past with mixed results, but in fairness I didnt really take the time to prepare the sufaces and just slapped it on. Any recommendations?

I will also spray the inside of the bulkhead with waxoil or dinatrol when I put it back together and hopefully slow the rot from the inside. (I should have sprayed it 15 years ago when I changed the bulkhead - but hey ho, hindsight is a great thing)

I used this 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jenolite-Rust-Converter-Remover-Removal-Spray-Treatment-Primer-Metal-400ml-UK/264144009674?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

when treating a TD5 steel rear door recently, seemed to apply nicely and give a smooth finish to pain over. Can't comment on how long it lasts as I have only just done it. On the rust proofing side have a look the the Built Hamber range of product they are very good and easy to apply 

Hope that helps 

Jon

Any of the rust preventative type paints will help stave rust off for a while but ultimately it will keep popping through. The only ong term solution in my opinion is to dress the area back to good metal and fully prep and pai t with a good 2k paint, and or, as well get it galvanised :ph34r: (both solutions rather expensive and time consuming I'm afraid...)