Puma fuel line connector removal tool?

Anyone any ideas on the removal of Puma fuel feed connectors? The Puma uses the older common td5 type quick connectors for the return line which isn’t a problem, however for the feed line it is a different connector with a single thin and wide push button. I have previously undone these with a screwdriver but today I broke one, luckily not an issue as I have spare set of fuel lines but I don’t want to break another.

I forgot to take any photos of it this afternoon, I’ve googled for an hour and can find no reference to a tool for them, in fact I struggled to find a picture of them, even though they are almost certainly a Ford item.

The photo attached is similar but not identical - the Puma uses a blue clip and is more fragile! Any tool needs to be a semicircle as it needs to put equal pressure on thin release button - I used a flat screwdriver which shattered to release mechanism.

BD38FA49-6A3B-47F2-8BDB-CC361FE0F6E7.png

Edited by oneandtwo

I've never seen a tool for these.  You need to push the two halves of the connector together to relieve pressure on the yellow bit, then squeeze between finger & thumb - and they separate easily enough.  If you don't push the two halves together, you need too much force and as you say, the yellow (variously coloured) bit breaks.

Si

• Like 1

Problem solved. Just dismantled the broken one and realised that the connector has a void in it that the blue part has to push down into. My Puma must be the muddiest Puma ever (the headlining was full of mud?!) and all the voids in the connectors were full of solid silt, so there was no way they would undo as the blue part was just compressing instead of clearing the locking barb and allowing the connector to be parted.

A good half hour flushing them out through the two tiny holes on the underside and then blowing all the mud clear with compressed air and they now undo with a press of the finger.

I will post some photos up of the disassembled connectors - this may help someone out in the future.

Edited by oneandtwo