Popping sound on brakes

2a-Egg

We moved house just before lockdown so the s2 got left alone while we did renovation and then lived in a bit of a building site. Got to work on it today, brakes completely lost pressure and also now i hear a pop when the pedal gets to the full down position. I replaced the master cylinder when i got it in aug 18. Was bearmach not britpart due to recommendations to steer clear of bpart. Could it of failed due to sitting doing nothing? 

50 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Could have, but more likely a line, slave cylinder or hose, had a look underneath?

The popping sound could just be the master bottoming out.

Was thinking of replacing all the slaves, have moved the truck and can't see any sign of a leak and the res is full not lost any liquid. 

Were the brakes working properly last time you used the vehicle?

I would start with a critical visual inspection of master cylinder, lines & slave cylinders. Unlikely to find any leaks otherwise the fluid level in the reservoir would have dropped. Next step would be to bleed through every cylinder to ensure there is no air trapped in the system. Finally, establish that the brake pedal holds pressure and doesn't sink under load - include light load as well as heavy to exercise the seals.

36 minutes ago, DaveSIIA said:

Were the brakes working properly last time you used the vehicle?

I would start with a critical visual inspection of master cylinder, lines & slave cylinders. Unlikely to find any leaks otherwise the fluid level in the reservoir would have dropped. Next step would be to bleed through every cylinder to ensure there is no air trapped in the system. Finally, establish that the brake pedal holds pressure and doesn't sink under load - include light load as well as heavy to exercise the seals.

Everything worked fine garage had bled them as I thought one needed new shoes when I first picked it up. Wanted it given a check before i drove it