unimog 404 / 406 differentials

As far as I thought the 406 axle is very different to the 404 ? What are your plans for them ? 

By transfer case do you mean portal boxes on the ends of the axle ?

I've got some 404 parts and two complete ( spares or major renovation ) 404 trucks...but I'm in the UK so hardly local 

Welcome to the forum too - there are some threads on here about 404 axles being fitted under different Land Rovers 

cheers

Steve b

I'll take some current pictures once the snow has gone , although they look better covered in snow . Both non runners and rusty bodywork but low km . Ex Belgian Army driver training trucks 

DSCF0008.JPG.181e7e736b0951f05068ed5def1d8518.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG.3f904aba9d15ecb45cf5c4137036a6d5.JPG

These are old pic's from when I bought several back in '07.

Time has not been kind to the bodies since then 

I also have a gearbox pto for these and about 500kg of snow chain bits in the undergrowth ( again) , as you can probably tell my back burner projects group is far greater than the time to do them justice...:D

The interesting thing with the driver training layout is a second brake pedal for the intructor with it's own master cyl. and a clutch lock out hydraulic system that stops the driver pressing the clutch for those 1:1 descents with nervous novices....

Steve

Nice, Doka's too! Oh now I want a 404 again...

Anyways Elie, you'd have to be more specific as those two axles have nothing in common. An overlooked axle from the Mog world is the "clamshell" type from the 411 or 423. These are narrower so nobody wants them, but in reality once you've made disc brake conversion and fitted the large mud tyres you want they have the perfect width for a Land Rover. You can get these for next to nothing and they are constructed just like the 406/416 axles and equally strong, just narrower