Wheel arches

They may be a different brand, but I had a cheap set that seemed absolutely fine but had a dark brown tinge, rather than pure black, a bit like liquorice!  They’d have been fine if I’d been willing to paint them - they were a good fit and their shape was good.  I can’t imagine there are many manufacturers of these things out there, so there is a fair chance they’re the same brand.

• Like 1

I would guess that is it possible the material is different. "Proper" ones are flexible whereas I know that in the past there were some fairly rigid fibreglass ones being sold.

If these are flexible and fit ok then I think you have a good buy.

Yup thanks to everyone,  I am doing a fully respray just now and the ones I had were fiberglass wide ones and were all broken . These are plastic its just they were saying don't buy if you are expecting to put on a nice  defender or words to that effect .

On 2/16/2021 at 3:03 PM, Litch said:

I would guess that is it possible the material is different. "Proper" ones are flexible whereas I know that in the past there were some fairly rigid fibreglass ones being sold.

If these are flexible and fit ok then I think you have a good buy.

The liquorice set I had were as flexible as the genuine set, as were a pastel greenish-blue Britpart set I had in the mid 90s.