Defender heater blower

Hi all , I’ve done a search but found no answer . On my project 90 I need a new blower motor and there £150 to buy new, ouch, so was wondering as anyone upgraded there’s to something better and cheaper ? I’ve got a 330cfm bilge blower off eBay but was thinking if there was something that fitted into the original housing.

cheers Ian 

Cheers gruntus, yep read most of them I think , @sharpy and @daveturnbull asked the same question as me about alternative blowers from other vehicles and they got no reply’s on that line and I couldn’t find any other threads , loads on problem solving which my system isn’t built yet and I might need later, was looking for a cheaper alternative to a £150 LR copy one that is a bit asmatic anyway.

AC blowers move a lot of air , no idea what might fit though . If yours has packed up you have nothing to lose pulling it apart to see what's wrong ? 

A good standard one does move plenty of air - with flaps adjusted correctly .

A quick look on Britcar's website shows RHD Freelander 2 blower fan/motor which might fit with some adaption 

Britpart std are £129+vat 

Steve

Just to vent share some love from today, why are the clips that hold the Bowden cables on such a %xjg%%%  🥵 to come off!!!  I must be missing a trick.🤔

I'm in the middle of raptor console change and thought I would sort a few things whilst I was there.................... 🙄

Glad your sorted.

G