Dodgy Indicators

Got my defender back from the paint shop today and the Indicators are on the blink. must have done something when he has had lights off for painting.

rear right does not work, and the front left has a mind of its own, when turned on they flashes very fast a they do when one is off, but the side light on front left flashes away with the rest and the orange lens does nothing untill I turn lights on then it thinks its a constant side light. got me really confused, ive checked fuses and they are ok all earths seem to be ok too.

Any Ideas ?

Yep, I think Western had it spot on. Carefully check the connections are right and then recheck the earths. In my experience the most devious electrical demons are summoned through bad earths. 

Removed and cleaned every earth and was still the same. Swapped the live wires from side light to indicator on left front and they now work as they should.

Just the rear right indicator, checked wires changed bulb but nothing, thinking only thing it can be now is the bulb holder, will try and find one and try it. unless ive missed something else.

• Like 1

Found an old indicator from series tub, tried it but still no joy, then again it was very old so probably knackerd too.
My local dealer will have one in, they are open tomorrow so will try a New one.
If this dosnt work then I m stumped as Cant think of anything else it could be