Defender 90 Height - but slightly different

I don't want to even post this question but needs must...

I'm trying to work out the height of a Defender but taking out any variables like suspension age/sag, tyre height, vehicle load, etc. which will make it true for any Defender 90 hard top/station wagon. So, if anyone can help me out by providing the following two measurements I would be extremely, extremely grateful. It dictates whether my car will fit in the garage or not.

The measurements I would like are:

image.png.ee7ef4175c4c4daa28daaaf05705f10d.png

Red line is bottom of the crossmember to the top of the roof

Blue line is the edge of the floor of the tub to the tope of the roof.

I'd ideally like the two measurements just to make sure if there's not some factor that screws everything up which I've not accounted for. My roof is a mid-late 90's one, so doesn't have any ribs - if these could be left out of the measurement!

On 5/27/2021 at 11:33 AM, ThreePointFive said:

Mo,

thank you very much for doing that, but can you make those measurements smaller by 50mm and resend? I don't like them. 😫

I've found that if you take a run-up at the garage the first time you get the vehicle in, it will fit. 

It helps to turn the stereo up (if fitted) or wear earplugs.

HTH

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:14 PM, Junglie said:

I've found that if you take a run-up at the garage the first time you get the vehicle in, it will fit. 

It helps to turn the stereo up (if fitted) or wear earplugs.

HTH

I don't approve of your methods but I cant disagree with your results.

Haven't you got a build thread to be creating? 😁

On 5/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, Snagger said:

Dig 2” ruts for the wheels! 😜

You jest, but I did look at all ways of creating the extra height. Looks like I can get the clearance I need with a different door design thanks to the amazing members on here.

It’s a factor for me too, with my current garage, which has two up and over rigid doors.  The RRC only just fits width wise, my wife’s Lightweight just squeezed under the door, but the 109 hasn’t got a hope, even with the rack off, and I don’t want to have to mess about with slave wheels without tyres to get it in and out.  I really need tambour doors so that they can go up higher on rails to the rafters and so that I can remove the existing frames to open the aperture - that should fit both cars (without racks).  I did consider a side mounted tambour that would roll up in a corner or track along the side walls behind shelves, but they take up too much space, and I can’t have outward folding solid or concertina doors because the driveway slopes down the the garage doors.   Tambour doors may work for you, too. Tricky. 

• Like 1