C Grip recommendations

I am looking to buy some C grips and wondered if anyone can recommend some. There are plenty on eBay but I know price does not always mean quality. I don't want break the bank top of the range, but I don't want made of cheese not fit for purpose cr*p either - just decent working at home type kit.

I am looking for the 11" version.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mick

• 1 month later...

Ah, understand! I can't say I have many branded makes, but I do find them better than the others. Cheap makes do tend to bend and that I find annoying - this definitely won't work with c grips as there is too much material in the"c".

"C" grips are good when welding box sections etc. However I recently purchased some welding magnets from Lidl and they have been great. Not the ones formed into a triangle but the ones that are two rectangles connected by bars. The magnets in them are so much stronger than the others and they have been so helpful when welding to box sections - holding stuff at 90 degrees and also joining box sections end to end.

Thanks for the replies

M

They are. It can hold surfaces flush each other. I joined box sections together as though I had used clamps. Also held things at 90 degrees - well worth the £4. Someone is selling them on eBay for £25!!!

I took the bars from mine so it is two separate magnets.

Edited by Dr Strangeglove