Steering stop bolts

Hey all,

in my pics you will see 3 steering stop bolts. 

Top to bottom - early 90/110, a bolt I bought years ago from a independent mechanic that came in a plastic bag with FTC4111 written on it, and a Disco 1 circa 94-96.

Left to right, same order and you will notice the first two have larger heads. All 3 are M12 thread, the larger heads are 22mm across flats, the smaller is 19mm 

I just placed a order for parts and given how cheap they are added a couple of FTC4111 in. I however suspect they will have 19mm heads. 

Does anyone have a part number or source for the middle style bolt?

6F383416-004F-47E8-BBD5-4572F86ACE1D.jpeg

FFC20997-67A4-4B7B-9F28-DAF1A0652BED.jpeg

Edited by uninformed

56 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

There are a second-hand pair on ebay UK, item 223992552763, but as you suggest, the normal offering under that part number appears to be a standard bolt.

Regards.

Yes I had seen those thanks Dave.

but at $100 per second hand bolt I’ll pass….

oh and EBay has gone full retard and likes to charge GST and import duties on secondhand items 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes, having found them I felt I 'had' to mention them, but also felt that it would be cheaper, especially in your location, to buy two bolts with 22mm heads and have the shank 're profiled' to a spacer section plus the 12mm thread.

Mind you, the diameter of the spacer section looks so large, in relation to the 22mm head, that a separate sleeve would probably also be required.

Regards.

13 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

Yes, having found them I felt I 'had' to mention them, but also felt that it would be cheaper, especially in your location, to buy two bolts with 22mm heads and have the shank 're profiled' to a spacer section plus the 12mm thread.

Mind you, the diameter of the spacer section looks so large, in relation to the 22mm head, that a separate sleeve would probably also be required.

Regards.

I’m actually after the middle bolt, it was obviously a replacement part from LR at some point. 

OK, now I'm confused.

I went to check my 90/110 Parts listing. This shows the steering stop bolt as 12mm, but part number AFU1234, this is validated on parts sites such as Land Rover Workshop and is available for considerably less than the FTC4111 .

The AFU1234 appears to come with the neccessary half nut and plain washer. I do not know the size of the bolt head.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my order from Shop4Autoparts. FTC4111 is the same bolt I was looking for. M12 with a 22mm hex (head)

new aftermarket bolt looks ok but not as good as the new genuine I had above as a sample. The AM one has a thinner head by ~1.2mm, is ~0.2mm smaller thread major diameter. No stampings of any kind (class or maker) 

3B22B2D1-3883-4F7A-910E-BF79056ED973.jpeg

1D716381-974F-410E-BA12-39C051D428E3.jpeg

20C2B433-2B72-41F1-ACBA-A0DAC71CB105.jpeg