Front lights - earthing issue

I recently tried some 2nd hand led headlights to check they worked. I did this by removing the plug from the back of my headlight and clipping it to the led one. On doing this I seam to have pulled out a bullet connector from somewhere, which I presume is one of the earth's. I tried putting it back but to no avail. 

All the earth's have male bullet connectors that go into a multiple female connector (3 one side and 3 the other). This seams a pain as it is difficult to work with and when fitting the male connector it is difficult to feel when it is positively fitted, and also when fitting one you are possibly pulling another out.

So, is there a "busbar" that I could get for these, or will I have to make something up.

Thanks for your help. 

Mick

The bullets are a pain in my opinion, I hate them and got rid of them on my 110.

The black wires are earth. The simplest thing is to clean up the bullets and reconnect all the black wires together. In theory the chassis, bulkhead, engine/gearbox and body are earthed by connection to the battery. Relying on this is where a lot of weird electrical problems pop up on land rovers in my experience. 

To correct this, you can get a simple bus bar off ebay or where ever, connect all the blackwires to it using ring terminals then run something like a 30amp black cable from the bus bar straight to the negative battery terminal. I have 6 of these earthing bus bars on my 110: 1 in each corner plus 1 in the dash to earth relays and dash lights etc then all of these feed back to the sixth bus bar in the battery box that is connected directly to the negative terminal of the battery. I'd say it has made the biggest improvement to the reliability of my electrics. 

• Like 1

• western changed the title to Front lights - earthing issue