Defender 10 spline front hubs

92a

Hi does anyone know if the 10 spline defender hubs  (axles are actually from a ninety) and the hubs of a 10 spline discovery are the same ? I had a front wheel bearing seize and it's spun the race in the hub and the ones I have to hand look the same but probably came off a 10 spline 200 tdi discovery ? They all have HTC 1236 on them,  Thanks Angus 

According to the "Parts Catalogue Land Rover Defender 90 110 130 1987 to 2001", the front hub can have the following partnumbers:

FRC6139 to KA930455

FTC942 from LA930456

I do not have a Discovery I parts catalogue to hand.

The number HTC1236 that you mention, is not included in the index in the parts catalogue and it does not show up in searches.

Thanks for the information about the casting marks , I had a similar issue when I saw the wolf axle I had bought had the same number on the end of half shaft as a 10 spline early discovery one,luckily when I pulled them out,  the wolf one was 24 spline, guess I will have to build up  one hub and see if the brake disc is in the middle of the calliper , might not be discovery ones anyway ?

On 12/23/2021 at 1:59 AM, tychoS said:

According to the "Parts Catalogue Land Rover Defender 90 110 130 1987 to 2001", the front hub can have the following partnumbers:

FRC6139 to KA930455

FTC942 from LA930456

I do not have a Discovery I parts catalogue to hand.

The number HTC1236 that you mention, is not included in the index in the parts catalogue and it does not show up in searches.

FTC6139 is definitely the earlier, up to late 200Tdi front hub. It has a wider wheel bearing spacing than the later. It also has a unique drive flange PCD 

FTC942 is the later ,last of 200Tdi onwards hub. It is used front AND rear on Defenders. It has the narrow wheel bearing spacing.

Its not just disc rotor alignment. Check bearing spacing and drive flange PCD. Early coil sprung 110 have their own drive member PCD not common to Disco or RRC. Not sure but I think the early 90 is the same as early 110. I’ll try and check part numbers when I get home.