What are your Land Rover projects for 2022?

monkie

On the 110

• Fit the new front door trim cards that I bought last year.
  • Pull front axle apart to investigate the ominous CV joint noises before something catastrophic happens.
  • Paint the rear door I bought off Ross and fitted to the truck years ago to match the other panels.
  • Finish making replacement rear interior trim panels.
  • Weld up the bottom of the OSR side door (it's the  last one to do) and fit new windows runners.
  • Find out what's wrong with the TDS9500 winch (FIXED on Sunday 🎉. The brake assembly was rusted together which meant it struggled to do anything even with no load. I had to add this for some satisfaction.
  • Make the V8 run a bit cleaner. The exhaust stinks.

I'm sure there's plenty more.

• Like 1

Well, it appears I was correct in saying replacing the garage was a bit optimistic for 2020...

https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/106620-2020-projects/?do=findComment&comment=953344

The knackered old one is still there.

On the plus side, the house is nearly finished - it no longer leaks, just got the kitchen to finish, new water supply pipe (when I can find a plumber who'll actually do it), and inevitably lots of small odds and ends.

Then I've just got to find the funds for the garage 🙄

Next weekend - not this, refurb rear brakes on the Disco, including new Discs and pads and prepare for MoT

Feb, after 29 years my Disco needs it's first new boot floor. Well not 'need', as I could patch it. But, with the help of YRM, I am replacing the boot floor in it's entirety, including the underfloor cross members. After chatting to my MoT man, I'm going to make the floor removable. Parts should be here tomorrow. Everything will be media blasted, etch primed, primed and painted, prior to fitting

In March I will start on the body restoration works for my T4. Wheel arches first, then sills. Hopefully looking to take it for a re-spray in July; or alternatively sell it get another Vitara

23 hours ago, geoffbeaumont said:

Thanks for unearthing that thread from 2020 Geoff. I've looked back to see how I did in 2 years 🤣

What seal kit will you be using Ralph (this was the CSW side windows)? Mine rattle and leak like crazy. The Garrison 4x4 kit is mightyspendy for what you get, and going genuine if such a kit exists seems to offer no great gains.
Done in summer 2021. I spent just a few quid on felt strip from Woolies Trim. A very satisfactory result too. No leaks and no rattles any more. A super quick job following the video from Mike at Britannica restorations.

Aside from that I need to replace the perished,split and leaking alpine light seals, and the roof needs the ally scab  attending to while its apart, and the whole roof re-painting. Still waiting. The seals I bought will probably be perished before hey get fitted.

The windscreen seal is just as split and perished so that needs replacing too.

The windscreen is so scratched it's hard to see when the sun is in my face, so a new screen, possibly a heated one , is in order. 2 new screens and 1 seal fitted in late 2021. Much drier footwells since.

Fit the Mud end-of-dash switch panel I' bought some years ago. Actually done in 2020.