Frame rebuild dimensions or blueprint

SwiftTheLandRover

Hello again, will be posting pics soon but have been busy, taking the front wings off my 1951 s1 80" i realize that the frame damage is far worse that I Thought it was, and the rebuild done 30 years ago was not done correctly, 1/2'' longer on one side and makes the drivers side sag considerably, possibly looking at cutting off the problem area and rebuilding it back to proper specs, I am located in Florida in the USA and don't have access to surplus frames or parts, where would I be able to find blueprints or other design components to fabricate the damaged part? many thanks.

Hi,

All the important dimensions are in the factory Series 1 workshop manual. Any others you should be able to get from your existing chassis I would have thought.

Someone is bound to say 1/2 an inch over the engine is factory tolerances!

I've got a couple of 80" here unrestored with original chassis metal (not all still there ...) so I could give you some ref. dimensions if you can provide pic's and sketches .

Is yours narrow front springs or the later wide type ? 

Steve

Edited by steve b