Heater Hoses

kevin50

2.25 Petrol.

Just fitted my flat smiths heater back in, now when I stripped vehicle there was no engine so dont know how things connect back up. pretty sure I have the right connections, but need to know what joins to what, anyone got a pic of there set up so I can copy /

20220422_183611 (2).jpg

20220422_190501.jpg

On 4/23/2022 at 8:49 AM, Snagger said:

The valve goes on the left side of the head towards the back end.  You will see one tapped hole that doesn’t fit the head bolt pattern.  The plain Union goes into the thermostat housing main casting.

Thanks I have a solid pipe to run along middle, not sure if I need it or not but have seen others with it,  Another pic from top, am I right in thinking that number 1 from heater goes to number 3, and number 2 from heater 20220423_145957_LI.thumb.jpg.91be95b607afea80f70aadbd1263c7ef.jpg goes to number 4 ??

Thanks

Those are the locations, 3 for the plain union and 4 for the valve.  You could be fancy and use a SIII valve which is operated by Bowden cable so that you can control the temperature from the cab, of course.

Im not sure how the hose routing and clamping works on the SII - I have only mucked about with SIII, which has a steel pipe run along the left side of the head, secured with a bracket from the middle stud of the rocker cover, but that made sense as the heater matrix on those is on top of the left foot well on right hand drive models.  I don’t even know the pipe routing on LHD SIIIs, but I’m sure there are plenty of pictures of SII and III engine bays to Google.