Ewan Magregor is in trouble

reads90

Saw this in a paper . Well the independent. Don't know if anyone has seen it before

Roar of disapproval for Ewan's hot air

Last week the royal equestrian sleb Zara Phillips took flak from the Campaign Against the Arms Trade for promoting "unethical" Land Rover.

Now Ewan McGregor finds himself pursued down the street by protester types, this lot a (fragrant) enviro bunch.

The actor accepted Land Rover's dollar to narrate a recent sales film marketing the steel box as the means to achieve your dreams.

His endorsement is strange because he has worked with Greenpeace and is a "Goodwill Ambassador" for Unicef children's charity.

The Alliance Against Urban 4x4s wrote to McGregor two weeks ago, asking if he might donate his fee to charity. Says spokeslady Sian Berry: "Supporting 4x4s doesn't fit with child welfare. Aside from the accidents outside school gates, they hasten global warming, which will increase droughts, floods and child suffering." McGregor hasn't replied.

They seem to have to forget to blame land rover for starting wars, being rascist, causing trouble amust reglions, and anything else that happens on the world :ph34r::unsure:

[quote name='reads90' date='Jan 23 2007, 05:08 PM' post='117410'

They seem to have to forget to blame land rover for starting wars, being rascist, causing trouble amust reglions, and anything else that happens on the world :ph34r::unsure:

Why not? The company deserves a good b****g for other reasons anyway, even if a couple of the above accusations are a bit wide of the mark. :)

Bill.

i went out of my way yesterday to fill up with bio-diesel to help make my war starting, child killing, plague causing, nausea creating 4x4 less poluting................ 10p a litre more expensive.... :o ***k that i thought on my way to tesco to get my dino juice. nice to see we're being encouraged to move away from fossil fuels. :angry: