Series 3 Landy V8 LPG oder Electric conversion

Dear fellow enthusiasts, I would like to convert my 109 exMOD with a V8 ( Lexus / LS) or might consider the route of an used Tesla Model 3 Motor etc. if within budget. Front disc brake conversion and Lpg are planned additionally.

Does anybody have experience and can provide advice or suitable contacts for such a project please?

Thanks a lot for the kind support and best regards from Germany

Are you asking how to do it yourself or are you asking for someone to do it for you?

I think @Bowie69 did a Lexus conversion and has written it up on this forum. There's lots of threads in the Series forum on adding disc brakes, none of them are easy or cheap.

As for an EV conversion, that's a whole pile of work - there's companies that will do it for you but it will be very expensive.

Unless you're doing a lot of miles an LPG conversion is often more hassle than it's worth.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:40 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Unless you're doing a lot of miles an LPG conversion is often more hassle than it's worth.

Exactly as Fridge has said. The payback time of an LPG system is only worthwhile if you either do a lot of miles each year, or plan to keep the vehicle for a long time.
I ran LPG for around 20 years in 2 of my own Rover V8 powered daily driven vehicles. These were both systems I installed, so cost less than if I had a garage install them. I forget how many miles I calculated the payback time was, but I know I saved a lot of money during my ownership. 

These days in the UK LPG has become hard to find, and I no longer run the V8 as a daily car, so I removed the LPG from my 110 to reclaim some interior space.

Welcome to the MadHouse.

We love pictures of Series...

Disc brake conversion : Zeus supplies a bolt on kit for both front and rear axle. Fit & forget. (Don't forget to get it TüV geprüfd)

LPG. As the other said. Doable but LPG is less and less easy to get in many countries. We have converted several Series in the past but modern systems are not cheap.. (Don't forget to get it TüV geprüfd)

Electric conversion : can't say anything about it.

LPG: costs depends vastly on what you are going to use: a basic pure mechanical set or an electronic controlled one. First option is quite straight forward. Annual milage should direct the discision. ;)

Electric: only when you are with your back to the wall! It is costly AND it is electric.. 😒