series 2a brake / clutch reservoir cap

blz6662

Hi All,

I've just about completed a mechanical rebuild on a 68 series 2a and ready to use my new sealey pressure bleeder to bleed the brakes only to find the adaptor won't screw in properly.

Does anyone know of an adaptor cap for the the standard reservoir cap. I thought I'd seen one advertised recently but can't find it now.

I've got one of the universal chain on adapters and when I fitted it the connection has a quick fit coupling on it and wont fit on the bleeder, so again need some sort of adapter for the connection.

I don't like the universal adapter much and afraid it might slip under pressure and spray fluid everywhere.

Thanks in advance

Baden

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just thought I would share these items I bought for my Sealey pressure bleeder. Proper screw on cap and connecting pipe - Yay!

I still had to make an adapter pipe from my kit to this pipe but that was easy enough with some tubing tails.

Just in case you can't read the part numbers for the Lucas cap and pipe on the pics they are: Pipe VS0208.08 & Cap VS0205.05 Available from CCW Tools. There is an alternative cap for the other make VS0205.04.

This might be better in the Tools n fab section.

Cheers

blz6662

sealey lucas cap and pipe numbers.jpg

Sealey lucas cap and pipe.jpg

• Like 1