Disco commercial front seats.

C.J.

Do the front seats on a 3 door commercial have a tilt facility on them to enable easy access to the rear, and can a set of 2nd hand standrad rear seats be fitted, or is the floor artificially raised like most other vans to create a flat load area?

Anyone in here got one that can answer that?

Hi CJ..... the passenger's seat has a tilt mech, but not the drivers seat (presumably the steering wheel would get in the way).

I'm not 100% sure about fitting rear seats - both the floor on my 'standard' 300tdi and my van 300tdi have a step up from the front floor, so you probably could fit rear seats, but you'd probably need to fit the side-mounted catches etc, that the seats clip into as well.

Dunk

Do the front seats on a 3 door commercial have a tilt facility on them to enable easy access to the rear, and can a set of 2nd hand standrad rear seats be fitted, or is the floor artificially raised like most other vans to create a flat load area?

Anyone in here got one that can answer that?

Hi CJ..... the passenger's seat has a tilt mech, but not the drivers seat (presumably the steering wheel would get in the way).

I'm not 100% sure about fitting rear seats - both the floor on my 'standard' 300tdi and my van 300tdi have a step up from the front floor, so you probably could fit rear seats, but you'd probably need to fit the side-mounted catches etc, that the seats clip into as well.

Dunk

Thanks for that.

£1500 + vat for a 1997 tdi, ex RAC version with 155k, full mot, new head and exhaust.

Was on flee bay up 'til last night, and that was the starting bid. No bids however, but I've got his number if I want to pursue it.

No one in here was it?

Mine's an ex-RAC with about 135k on the clock, but no it's not me.

The interior will probably have seen better days, but it's not likelty to have done any off-roading so if there's piccy's have a good look. Check the towing points and the gearbox condition if you go for a test drive....

Mine also had a couple of nice added extras, like a hande throttle (presumably for jump-starting) and also there are 2 sets of heavy duty power connectors - one in the front grill and one in the load-bay.

If I ever get round to picking up a set of the plugs (I THINK they're winch connectors?), then I'll be able to make up a set of jump leads that just plug into the grill :-)

Dunk

Thanks for that.

£1500 + vat for a 1997 tdi, ex RAC version with 155k, full mot, new head and exhaust.

Was on flee bay up 'til last night, and that was the starting bid. No bids however, but I've got his number if I want to pursue it.

No one in here was it?

I can confirm that the drivers seat in the Commericial models does indeed tilt. Sure it doesn't go as far forward as the passenger side, but it still tilts forward so you can access items in the rear.

Rear floor layout is exactly the same as standard Disco with seatbelt points etc so rear seats will indeed bolt straight in. Std Commerical has a steel infill piece to cover the rear seat footwell. I removed mine together with the rattly dog-guard load barrrier thing so I could access stuff in the rear and use the space behind the seats for stashing/hiding gear.

Kev

I can confirm that the drivers seat in the Commericial models does indeed tilt. Sure it doesn't go as far forward as the passenger side, but it still tilts forward so you can access items in the rear.

Rear floor layout is exactly the same as standard Disco with seatbelt points etc so rear seats will indeed bolt straight in. Std Commerical has a steel infill piece to cover the rear seat footwell. I removed mine together with the rattly dog-guard load barrrier thing so I could access stuff in the rear and use the space behind the seats for stashing/hiding gear.

Kev

X2 on the seat tilting

That commercial dog guard is well noisy. Just removed mine for the same reasons. Makes it feel like you got alot more space.

x3 on seating and dog guard :)

On the shell the only difference i found when using a van body to replace a rotten car body was that the seat belt anchorage points under the rear floor were just plugged holes, the brackets for the eye bolts down to the chassis were not fitted. All the other holes for bolting the seats and belts in had the nessesary captive nuts. :)