Unknown rear wiring loom plug

I have a 1993 90 with a 300tdi fitted.  I am just pulling the loom so I can repair the RH bulkhead outrigger and the rear crossmember. I have prepared the loom for pulling but I have an unused plug on the loom going from rear right to rear left.

Any ideas what this is for? I can see it being a pain when I pull the loom so may just remove it, but would like to know what it's for first.

Wires are white/purple, green/black  and 2x black with one being thicker than the other. 

20220909_090655.thumb.jpg.c61f24e553396ac75f34f1a26829affb.jpg

20220909_090647.thumb.jpg.3eba048bbc008d234d97310bbb922e46.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Mick

White/Purple is used for fuel pump on a V8 model, and green/black is fuel level sender, so could it be that it's a rear fuel tank connector for a V8? Not sure that makes sense, bit early for NAS version (where the 90 has a rear tank) and too short for a 110, but the colours sound right. (The 110 300tdi loom I picked apart recently had unused traces for fuel pump and something else, unconnected at both ends.)

• Like 1

Ah - that makes sense then.

I was going to pull the loom through the chassis, but this is proving difficult, so I am looking to cut the loom where it enters the chassis at the front. The rear part of the chassis loom has so much going on it just doesn't want to move through the chassis. 

I have taken the drivers floor out now so that I can solder it from above - I don't fancy doing it on my back!

Many mottled moments today.

Thanks for your help guys, I would be lost without you folks.

Edited by Mossberg
  • Like 1