Slight OT - Aluminium as heat sink

Eightpot

Slightly OT question here for anyone with a metallurgy bent.. 

I've fitted the lid of my National Luna fridge freezer with a 3mm aluminium plate on top using double sided tape, so there's roughly a 1mm air gap, so I can use it as a worktop in the camper. 

It's still in the high 30s here in Morocco and the fridge is struggling to keep to low temps without high run times - not a massive shock as its 37 degrees in the truck, but its occurred to me I may have strapped a big heat sink to the top 🤔

The lid has a shiny stainless surface naturally, not sure if I'm better off ripping the ally off - any thoughts? 

Yeah, having a more thorough drains up it turns out the cooling fan has packed in - nice little job tomorrow trawling round marrakesh for a new fan 😞   not bad going on a 12 month old £1000 fridge which is now in bits spread across a dusty campsite 🤨

• Sad 2

Yeah it does look like a standard 2  pin PC fan of a decent quality, so should be easy to find another - however after a day of traipsing round the backstreets, souks and malls of Marrakesh I've only managed to turn up a cheapo chinese fan with tiny motor that literally wouldn't blow a candle out.  Seriously missing Amazon.   

Might have to just stick another fan on the vents to get more pull through - surprising amount of heat generated, casing very hot without a good fan clearing it.