RTC3429/STC4382

markyboy

Looking for wheel bearings for a very early ('86) LR 90.

Can anyone confirm whether RTC3429 and STC4382 are the same please? Searching for RTC3429 on the Blanchards site suggests they are.

This kit on eBay says it is for a Discovery 1, but the part number is given as STC4382. Does anyone know whether there is a difference between the kit for an early 90 and a Disco 1?

I notice that the kit in the photo supplies the 2 different types of lock washer, suggesting that it is designed for two different applications.

TIA.

image.thumb.png.b314f7ea41ba893fa0dd9e4259a79d4f.png

Edited by markyboy

7 minutes ago, western said:

Brit-car website shows both part numbers for the same bearing, same as on my 1989 110CSW RTC3429

RTC3429 & STC4382 REFER to the linked items bit below the photo.

Same on the PA Blanchards site, Ralph. I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't fit. Think I'll take a punt on it as the price is good, considering the bearings are good quality.

Thanks for the help.

regards, Mark

• 3 months later...

The bearings themselves are the same for RRC, D1, 90, 110, 127, 130 and I think late Series 3.

However, if buying a “kit” there will be differences in the big washers, some keyed and some a big flat, there may also be variations in the hub seal. And the early 110 had a slightly different PCD/bolt pattern for the drive flange which would affect the gasket. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 6:15 AM, uninformed said:

The bearings themselves are the same for RRC, D1, 90, 110, 127, 130 and I think late Series 3.

However, if buying a “kit” there will be differences in the big washers, some keyed and some a big flat, there may also be variations in the hub seal. And the early 110 had a slightly different PCD/bolt pattern for the drive flange which would affect the gasket. 

Indeed, the kit had both washers and gaskets.