L322 transmission

Simon_CSK

I had a gearbox problem with my L322 basically it wouldn't move. So assumed a fault with the gearbox and changed it. That resolved the problem for 2000 miles and then it returned. I thought that it must be the torque converter as the one used had a dubious history so I bought another one, and because I had a known working gearbox changed it also. So working gearbox and working torque converter and the car is still not going anywhere. Could I have a problem with the transfer box?

The early ones suffered from a front diff fault resulting in losing drive but that does not stack up to what else you have said. What age/engine L322? Can you see the output revolutions using diagnostics on the main box?

28 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

The early ones suffered from a front diff fault resulting in losing drive but that does not stack up to what else you have said. What age/engine L322? Can you see the output revolutions using diagnostics on the main box?

TDV8 June 2007. Not looked at the output revs. The car would restrict power when the steering was turned making moving it very difficult, the gearbox would not lock in park. I didn't do the gearbox change and the car is 40miles away so don't know if the symptoms have changed or not.

Just to be sure, try to have a look underneath to see if the props are turning with the car in gear. With the TorSen center diff, if one axle is spinning freely, the car wont be going anywhere. As said, usually a problem with the early ones that stripped the splines on the front diff flange but might be a similar problem on a later one.

1 hour ago, Escape said:

Just to be sure, try to have a look underneath to see if the props are turning with the car in gear. With the TorSen center diff, if one axle is spinning freely, the car wont be going anywhere. As said, usually a problem with the early ones that stripped the splines on the front diff flange but might be a similar problem on a later one.

The car is driving but will not take power and will not steer under load.