TD5 Radiators

I changed one on an estate 90 years ago after an argument with a tree branch. We used a Nissens one which I think might be the OE manufacturer?

It did the job anyway. Being used to the one in my Tdi I was a bit unsure about the plastic/aluminium construction but to be fair all cars use these now, and all Land Rovers for 20+ years and they don’t seem to cause major problems. 

• Thanks 1

Again I guess this is for the M57 installation ? I dont know what exact model you are fitting it to, but be aware that the TD5 rad fits direct to the front crossmember as it is slightly taller than the older types, and does not sit on top of two brackets. You will need the intercooler too, and the standard TD5 one will be fine, unless you want to do a huge power increase.

Personally, I see these Ali radiators as unnecessary bling. A Nissens/Valeo/ERF etc will be better quality AND will have a guarantee that can actually be claimed.

I also hate gaily coloured silicone hoses 

• Thanks 1

Maybe not relevant here, but when my Tdi radiator died I was looking for a replacement. I was advised to get it recored. Fair enough, but the main point was the guy looked at the stock core, and the width of the expansion tanks, and said he could get a thicker core into the same space. I went for that. 4 layers of fins instead of 3. I don’t know if you could go as far as to say it’s a 30% increase in cooling but it has to be significant. Given that I then fitted a full width intercooler I’m happy that the two balance out - or that the intercooler isn’t really compromising the engine cooling.

Just in case any of that rambling has any use or relevance!

• Like 1