Series 3 ambulance lights (Dutch words explanation)

mart010

Hi,

Just to be sure. Does anybody (Dutch) know what the next two lights are:

- standlampen (voorkant)
- kruislicht

De standlampen staan in het schema vermeld. Oud taalgebruik, snap het niet :)
Ook nog niet logisch voor mij met de aansluitingen. Ze zijn namelijk gekoppeld met de achterlampen en kentekenplaatverlichting. Dan kunnen het geen stadsverlichting zijn toch? Of is de stadsverlichting ook altijd tijdens het rijden aan?

Het kruislicht staat hier helemaal los van.

ps. als er interesse voor is. Ik ben het schema om aan het zetten met de draden ingekleurd. Moet ergens wegwijs zien te worden.
If anybody interested, I'm rebuilding the wire scheme with all the original colours and switches drawn into it. GIves me more insights (yes, I'm a novice).

Translated to English 

Just to be sure. Does anybody (Dutch) know what the next two lights are:

- position lamps (front)
- cross light

The stand lamps are listed in the diagram. Old language, don't get it :)
Also not logical to me with the connections. They are linked to the rear lights and license plate lights. Then it can't be city lighting, can it? Or is the city lighting always on while driving?

The crosslight is completely separate from this.

PS. if there is interest. I'm converting the schematic with the wires colored in. Must be guided somewhere.
If anybody interested, I'm rebuilding the wire scheme with all the original colors and switches drawn into it. Gives me more insights (yes, I'm a novice).

Position lamp front are the white small side lights, these should be on with rear tail lights & registration plate light, & stay on when dip beam headlights are switched on. 

Cross lights maybe the illumination for the red Cross on front of the body 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, western said:

Position lamp front are the white small side lights, these should be on with rear tail lights & registration plate light, & stay on when dip beam headlights are switched on. 

are all these the parking lights?

standlampen = stadslicht

kruislicht = een militaire lamp die op een bord met een kruis schijnt (dit is voor "verduisterde" omstandigheden zodat iemand achter je in een colonne je kan volgen)

"standlampen" is the same as marking lights.

"kruislicht" is the convoy-lamp (only a different variant , it has a small lamp wich reflects on a plastic plate with a cross of white semi reflecting tape (hence the name cross-light) )

example of a "kruislicht" 

https://dvandam.nl/products/kruislicht-24-volt

Edited by hurbie
  • Thanks 1

As above, standlamp/standlicht means the position or parking lights, typically position 1 of a lighting switch, includes the small lamps at the front, taillights, number plate lights and instrument illumination.

'kruislicht' is also an old term used for dipped beam, i.e. the lights intended for normal running, similar nomenclature to cruising speed. At least in Flanders. I'm not familiar with the different military lights, so it could be a form of convoy lights if the vehicle is equipped with those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1