spotlight wiring

I have recently come into possession of a 1986 110, previous owner had fitted off road driving lights but not wired them in. I have now done so as per the attached diagram. 

the problem I have is they don't work!

I have disconnected the connector of blue/grey cable just behind the driver side headlight and spliced cable from headlight/main beam switch/new switch supply cable.

these are my findings:

all 3 cables joined - all existing lights work correctly except spots which are inoperative.

with the main beam switch cable disconnected - driver headlight very dim- passenger headlight full beam & spots operate correctly.

can someone please help as i'm getting very frustrated at what must be a quite simple fix and just can't get my head around it!!!

IMG_0058.JPG

isn't that what I have done? with the exception of 85-86 on the relay which are transposable. both diagrams look identical to me?

15 minutes ago, western said:

See above, in the linked post, don't know why the diagram wouldn't show correctly. 

31 minutes ago, simonpelly said:

Diagram looks good to me. Suggest it is time for Mr. Multimeter 🙂

Same here, diagram looks fine apart from the implied use of a scotchlok :glare: I'd start poking round to see where the dodgy connection is. Dodgy earth would not be a surprise.