disco body lift..

freeagent

right, i think i'm going to do a mild body lift on the disco...

after talking to my MOT man this morning, who happens to lift Disco's at their workshop, it appears that if you keep it sensible, there are little, if any other mods required.

They do 30mm body lifts without any major mods to steering or any other components..

so.. I've decided to play it safe, and make up some 25mm spacers, and buy 25mm longer bolts..

has anyone made their own spacers? if so, what diameter bar did you use?

is 50mm too big, or about right?

does anyone know what length and size the original body mounting bolts are? I seam to remember that they aren't metric...

I reckon 25mm will allow me to run 245/75 R16 tyres quite happily, without messing with the springs...

any other tips will be most appreciated..

Those snake ones look like spring lifters. The lifts i have seen were about 50mm bar. If you measure the diametre of the rubber bush and use this size I dont think you will go far wrong. Only real trouble with a lift is the gap between rad and bumper will look a bit silly. Can get round that by new brackets to raise the bumper. I am running 265/70 17 tyres with a 40mm spring lift. I have a camel cut (which you will also need I suspect) and have trimmed the inside edge of the rear arches too. No rubbing issues at all now.

50mm is a good diametre for the 10 body lift blocks. You also need blocks on top of the chassis for the floor, and on the brackets for the rear floor supports.

For discos the bolts are M10, but I would have to go out and measure the length of the originals.

Those snake ones look like spring lifters. The lifts i have seen were about 50mm bar. If you measure the diametre of the rubber bush and use this size I dont think you will go far wrong. Only real trouble with a lift is the gap between rad and bumper will look a bit silly. Can get round that by new brackets to raise the bumper. I am running 265/70 17 tyres with a 40mm spring lift. I have a camel cut (which you will also need I suspect) and have trimmed the inside edge of the rear arches too. No rubbing issues at all now.

woops shoud have read it , did not read that you were talking body lift . thought you were talking general lift

OK, if i go for it, i'll pick up some 50mm bar..

I know about the gap above the bumpers, and reckon i can live with that..

..however after having a good look at the truck today i'm not sure what to do about the radiator, as its mounted to the body, and has a rubber sealing strip along the top of gthe rad frame...?

anyone done this on a 300Tdi disco? what did you do about the rad...?

OK, if i go for it, i'll pick up some 50mm bar..

I know about the gap above the bumpers, and reckon i can live with that..

..however after having a good look at the truck today i'm not sure what to do about the radiator, as its mounted to the body, and has a rubber sealing strip along the top of gthe rad frame...?

anyone done this on a 300Tdi disco? what did you do about the rad...?

I had these made a while back, still unfitted :( they are made from 1.5" ally bar and give a 1.5" lift, I had the recess tuned into one end so that they locate over the standard mounts, I figured it would be a pain in A@%$ to keep them from moving when trying to locate the body back on.

If you've still got your viscous fan then you need to keep the rad in position with the chassis and blank off the gap at the top, if electric then you make some spacer tubes for underneath your rad.

med_gallery_1113_245_360853.jpg