Anyone dealt with Griffin exhausts recently?

Northwards

Hi folks, 

I have a Griffin system on my 300Tdi. Generally happy with it - it's always going to be playing uphill with me, as exhausts are just something I've come to dislike working with.

However I've now fitted an X-Eng Deflex ARB and I can see a bit of a clash between the two. They don't actually hit each other at the moment, but there ain't much free play. 

IMG_20230325_133344.thumb.jpg.468b4f5013cb5c027e06aa3b1eddfb0d.jpg

The picture probably makes it look worse than it is in reality, but there is only about 15mm between them at the tightest spot. I guess the exhaust is designed to go below the standard ARB where fitted, not over the top of a non-stock system. 

Not a real problem if I could just get the last two pieces of the exhaust remade. However their website isn't the best - only one 'news' item, from 2008....; even their facebook presence isn't so up to date. I've tried calling and leaving a message, and I've tried leaving something on Fb messenger, but if their tech skills are anything like mine that could sit there for many months and not be noticed. 

Just thought I'd ask then if anyone had any recent dealings? 

To get to the position in the pic above I've adjusted the exhaust to the optimum position available, and lowered the ARB arm. Short of remaking something, that's as good as it's going to get.

I know there are other exhaust companies out there but it would seem a real shame, not to mention expensive, to go to that extent if I can just get a couple of amended sections. 

Many thanks.

(Edit) Companies House doesn't make good reading - but on the other hand maybe there's work happening but not going through that particular company - hence the request for local/other knowledge before I start to ponder my bank balance for other costly alternatives.

Not that recent but I bought a Griffin exhaust 3 ish years ago (the website etc was terrible then too). I think they have a bit of an ebay presence? I paid, it arrived and no problems!

Pretty sure I have seen them at a couple of shows in the last year or so?

👍 thanks! That's interesting. On the website there's a big 'ebay shop' button, but when I clicked on that the ebay site said the shop was inactive. I guess that's one of the problems with these things, you need to be permanently updating links and so on. 

I'll try contacting them through that as well. Ta. 

I have to say poor communications is one of the things that presses my buttons. 

3 hours ago, L19MUD said:

I have contacted the seller, though no speedy response yet. The eBay listing shows only 4 items for sale, and no mention of the website or getting in touch to order other specific items. I wonder if this might be just selling off the last remnants of old stock? 

1 hour ago, Northwards said:

I have contacted the seller, though no speedy response yet. The eBay listing shows only 4 items for sale, and no mention of the website or getting in touch to order other specific items. I wonder if this might be just selling off the last remnants of old stock? 

Was like it 3 years ago when I ordered!

• Haha 1

Well, just to prove that speculation can sometimes be pointless, I've had a call this morning from James at Griffin. Pleasant chat to explain the issue and he's going off to put his thinking cap on. Seems he had a previous customer from even further north than I am with the same issue, but that guy had something fabbed up locally and James wasn't involved in the solution. 

I think the website does need updating, as I think the telephone number is different. 

• Like 1

Hi Mike, 

I’m pretty far north… up near Inverness. So more than just a wee trip along the road, but thanks.

Thing is I have the system already, and I’m pretty happy with it, so for the sake of a modification to the last two parts it’s probably easier just to see what James/Griffin come up with.

If that fails for any reason, I’ll be back in touch.👍