ZF gearbox

Simon_CSK

I have just blown the transmission on my 4.4 V8 petrol Range Rover L322 2006 Jaguar Engine. I don't know yet if it is the gearbox or the transfer box but am now trying to research the parts that are fitted.

I have plently of both gearboxes and transfer boxes available to me so if I can match to one I have it will be a cheap fix.

Available to me are the following:

Range Rover Sport TDV8 I know this is the same as the L322 TDV8

Range Rover L322 TD6

Range Rover L322 4.4 Petrol 2005 BMW Engine

Can anyone shed light on compatability or is it a case of sourcing a gearbox from a like for like car. I am hopeful all the gearboxes and transfer boxes are the same and just the ECU that needs changing.

Pretty sure the petrol and diesel version were different, certainly for V8 petrol and TD6 as the TD6 were a problem and the V8 not

Also even if boxes are the same internally I would expect different bell housings

6 hours ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

The BMW engines use a different transfer box and gearbox to the Jag powered ones, the TDV8 I think is same transfer box, but maybe different spec gearbox.

Is the blown one 6 or 8 speed?

6 speed. not sure yet which it isz but have no drive and makes a racket when towed and reved

12 hours ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

Knew I had something written down somewhere. This is just a list I compiled, so please don’t hold me to it. 

I believe an L320 RRS would use the same gearbox for a given engine as per the L322. 

5C0E6232-0173-4758-AB3E-2795B76A9D99.jpeg.866542f86ff65ed8677ce134da371fe5.jpeg

Looking at that list, if I'm reading correctly, (I'm dyslexic so help appreciated) 15 and 16 are the same box. So if I use a TDV8 gearbox it should be the same.

Having manoeuvred the car into the driveway it would appear that park is not locking the transmission in place. I suspect that the gearbox is the likely failure. Over the weekend I hope to get the Gearbox and transfer box removed and hopefully determine where the fault lies. Should also then be able to determine if the bell housings are the same.