V8 Rocker cover internal screws

I'm trying to find replacements for the screws that hold the internal baffles(?) inside the rocker covers. Mine are rounded out and I need to remove the baffles for cleaning.

I think there's 8 per side, can't remember. Old photo below with two circled to be clear in what I mean. All Google searches return the 4 bolts that secure them to the heads.

rockercoverscrews.jpg.87469523bea333f31fe692dce011f281.jpg

Never actually managed to remove them, due to the same situation you find yourself in. 

I think they are pretty coarse threaded screws, rather than machine screws, similar to the ones that hold the HT lead clips to the rocker covers. 

They're very similar but much smaller. I want to get the covers blasted while they're off so I really want to strip anything that may trap and release blasting media with time/vibration.

I can probably get them off again but I am not confident they will tightly reattach. I really don't want one unscrewing itself under there.

But then you'll be short a set! In theory I have a set on the 3.5 sat in a barn but that's awaiting autopsy/rebuild at some point.

I'll try Western Fixings, they usually know what everything is and have the exact match in stock.

Strange, seems like that suggests LR just bought them in as complete units?

Anyway, I got mine out using the closest size of screwdriver that now fits them (definitely not the one they left the factory as!) and as much pressure as I could apply to stop them spinning. 

I'll just have to be careful to do them back up with the same (wrong) screwdriver as tight as I can. Maybe adding some thread lock for good luck.

At least this thread served its purpose.

• Like 2