Britpart Yellow Polyurethane Bush Kit | 1994 - 1999 DC7010

There is more to PU bushes than just copying the shape of the rubber bushes and casting them.  Exact composition of the PU is important to get the right give and yet be robust.  They need to have consistent ingredients to avoid internet weaknesses.  More subtly, they need the dimensional accuracy to be high as they have less flex than rubber and their design may need alteration to include voids to ensure the parts they fit can move correctly.  Based on most people’s’ experience of that brand, I find all of the above considerations unlikely to have been given much thought.  Super Pro are well regarded, incorporating grease trap and feed voids or grooves to keep the bushes lubricated, but even they are recommended against by most professionals.  

I remember Bowler recommending against all PU bushes.  In fairness, I think they may be OK on dampers with their linear movement.  I do have a Polybush set in my 109’s springs, but that is with reluctance because one spring eye was stretched a little by an incorrect spec bush fitted in the Heystee factory, so correct SIII bushes are loose in that one eye.  They have been OK, but I don’t trust them.

• Like 1