Range Rover rear window wipers stopped working, boot won’t open

• Happyoldgit changed the title to Range Rover rear window wipers stopped working, boot won’t open
On 7/17/2023 at 5:09 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

If more than one thing is acting up, suspect a bad earth.

Often the case, but on the P38 the earth for the wipers is not shared by the lock, that is earthed through the drivers door actuator. In fact, there is not much common between both systems... The BECM will stop the rear wiper or prevent it from working is the tailgate is not (properly) closed. So I'd start looking at the lock first. Is the central locking working as it should? If not, start with the driver door actuator and its wiring. If CDL is working, you need to open the tailgate to investigate further. Either prying away the trim from the inside and operating the lever manually, or bypassing the unlock button on the lower tailgate (which will be destroyed in the process). 

15 minutes ago, Escape said:

The BECM will stop the rear wiper or prevent it from working is the tailgate is not (properly) closed. So I'd start looking at the lock first.

Ah, of course it would be more complicated in a P38 :D

Does the lock detect when the boot is closed or is there a separate switch? I'd suspect that, whichever one it is.