D2, TD5, 2002, valuation

boaterboy

I would really appreciate some advice on how to establish the reasonable value of my Discovery 2.

A 2002 7-seater, I have owned it from new, 123k miles, never off-roaded.

I have a full service history, oil & filter changes every year, the body & chassis are in good condition, the latter being professionally cleaned & undersealed (not Waxoyl) about 7 years ago, excellent tyres.

It has a 12 month MoT with two minor defects & and a number of advisories shown.

The headlining has sagged in a couple of places and it requires a new a/c compressor.

I imagine it would suit an enthusiast who has the time & faciities and could turn it into a first class vehicle.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Put it in "Parkers" and get an evaluation from "we buy any car".

This will give you a baseline as to what the non land rover world would value it, then tweet it usually up a little. I've been keeping half an eye on price of D2's recently and they seem to have taken the place of D1's you can pick up a lot of car for not a lot of cash.

2 hours ago, Maverik said:

Put it in "Parkers" and get an evaluation from "we buy any car".

This will give you a baseline as to what the non land rover world would value it, then tweet it usually up a little. I've been keeping half an eye on price of D2's recently and they seem to have taken the place of D1's you can pick up a lot of car for not a lot of cash.

Pretty sure wbac won’t give you a price on a vehicle that old. 

On 8/8/2023 at 3:45 PM, boaterboy said:

I would really appreciate some advice on how to establish the reasonable value of my Discovery 2.

A 2002 7-seater, I have owned it from new, 123k miles, never off-roaded.

I have a full service history, oil & filter changes every year, the body & chassis are in good condition, the latter being professionally cleaned & undersealed (not Waxoyl) about 7 years ago, excellent tyres.

It has a 12 month MoT with two minor defects & and a number of advisories shown.

The headlining has sagged in a couple of places and it requires a new a/c compressor.

I imagine it would suit an enthusiast who has the time & faciities and could turn it into a first class vehicle.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

It’s worth whatever you can sell it for or whatever you are prepared to take for it. There isn’t a hard and fast rule. It’s a used car. 

The D2 is also right at the bottom of its depreciation curve. So prices are all over the show. 

I’d guess if you were trading it in a dealer would only want to give you £200-500. But that isn’t really a reflection of its value. 

All you can do is take a look at others currently for sale and pick a price point you’d accept. If it doesn’t sell or spark interest, you’ll have priced it too high. 

• 2 weeks later...