Help! No Spark…

need4speed

Guys I’m needing a little help. In my absence while away at work, my dad god bless him (lol) decided to have a fettle and find out why the v8 was cutting out every 5 or so seconds.

Initially we thought it was due to over fuelling as it was stinking with fuel and there was as much petrol in the sump as there was oil. But as bad as this was/is, he found that rather than over fuelling it was cutting out due to the FPR switching off after 5 seconds. Now in the process of “fettling” it appears that my old man has undone some of my devils knitting as we’re not getting a spark at all now.

He assures me he’s put everything back the way he found it but I suspect that if this was true it would at least run for 5 seconds again!

I had a very quick look at it today. Checked the coils. They’re getting juice going in but still no spark. I looked at the crank sensor and the gap is fine. Would it be possible to blow this sensor by forcing 12v to it?

Any ideas welcome because I’m scratching my head. Especially as I haven’t seen exactly what he’s done.

EDIS will give a spark if it's got power & ground and the VR sensor is wired the right way round, it's pretty fool-proof.

Direct VR sensing can be much more fraught, without knowing what you've got it could be almost anything causing it to give no spark and/or hose in fuel.