Soooooo more questions ๐Ÿ™ƒ

My 1986 110 has a td5 loom from back to front fitted it a few years back all good was able to update things like dash fuse box ect,

my question todayย 

the factory fitted alarm,ย 

not sure if it goes off due to not having an ecu but the moment I plug in the sounder it goes off only way to stop it is to unplug it any ideas?๐Ÿ’กย 

EFCF3EE0-F576-4430-A54F-69DA233BD1BC.jpeg

16 minutes ago, chadler said:

The obvious answer is to leave it unplugged. Clearly youโ€™ve got a permanent live feeding the alarm sounder- either due to a short or due to the missing ECU ย / 10AS unit

Got a 10as,

but I donโ€™t like leaving things unplugged itโ€™s sounding for a reason Iโ€™d like to know why and try to rectify the problem helps stops your car getting stolen.

92356BD1-101A-4647-BBC2-94C2BB1288D8.jpeg

It might be in alarm state. Check that your key fobs work as you need one to clear the alarm. Once cleared it is hard to set it until the doors and bonnet closing signals are good and the interior lights then work properly.

Ir take the 10AS out and send it toย https://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk

He will check it and configure it as you require.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 7:18 AM, Peaklander said:

It might be in alarm state. Check that your key fobs work as you need one to clear the alarm. Once cleared it is hard to set it until the doors and bonnet closing signals are good and the interior lights then work properly.

Ir take the 10AS out and send it toย https://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk

He will check it and configure it as you require.

We havenโ€™t any switches or doors at presentย 

ill check the fob battery the interior light wonโ€™t come on when earthed out but does work when switch is in ON possision

thank you ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

You need to work through methodically. ย A previous post of yours has detail about the 10AS and the interior lights.

You need to be sure that the 10AS is not in alarm state. I imagine that it could be. Sticking a test lamp in that connector (to the sounder?) isnโ€™t going to tell you much.ย 

• Like 1

Yup was two different questionsย 

one was about the lightย 

now this is about the siren ๐Ÿšจย 

having the test light on telling me enough where someone said I was getting a live and I guess I shouldnโ€™t so hereโ€™s the live guessing itโ€™s making the sounder sound,

we will get there so long as the alarm system donโ€™t have anything to do with the main engine ecu that isnโ€™t there anymore that being the case should get it working.ย 

The two questions are linked. The interior lamps and the alarm are part of the same system - the 10AS is the controller. If you want to sort out the alarm then you need to be able to close the doors and the 10AS must detect this.

Have you operated the key fob? When you press unlock all the indicators will flash once to show that the alarm is off. Can you get that far as a first step?