Brake caliper paint

Maverik

Just been doing some pre mot checking this week on the 90 and inspected the front axle ends, something I did notice was that the new calipers I installed back in Feb 2020 looked just as good as the day I put them on, which is saying something. I used some paint called "K2 BRAKE CALIPER PAINT BLACK HIGH GLOSS 260°C Resistant Spray Lacquer" from fleebay I remember I split the caliper, put in stainless pistons put it back together, gave a good degreasing then sprayed the hell out the calipers, giving them a few coats, mightily impressed, I'll be doing the same to the rear shortly.

Well worth the effort. 

• Like 3

I found standard Hammerite smooth works really well on engines and callipers, with no visible deterioration after over a decade.  I don’t know how its price compares to calliper or engine paints, but most of us tend to have a can of it floating around and it is available almost everywhere.

• Like 1