4 Speed Auto 200Tdi

Took the defender on a spin today, much better will get to 60 and I could push to 70… if I have the bottle.. drops to that last gear at about 52mph as said above. Looks like it’s all as it should be for now… I would probably look to cruise at 55mph anyway, but it’s a lot easier to get there now and it stays there with little power needed.

My idle seems a little weak.. as in when I’m sat there the 200tdi at the lights it sounds like needs a bit more but as soon as the throttle comes on a touch it’s back to smooth. Could this just be an adjustment of the isle revs is needed?

On 12/8/2023 at 1:46 PM, landroversforever said:

I always thought it was just valving differences between tdi variants and the V8 ones.

I was told, but I can't remember where, that the tdi version of the HP22 had different weights in the governor and a different profile on the roller the kickdown cable attaches to in the box, to better match the shift pattern to a tdi.

I've been after a scrap tdi box for ages as I've got a V8 one behind mine and while I'm generally happy with the way it performs, I'm sure it could be better.