Springs.... Or wife won't go in it again

Haha , they have the strangest price list system(?) ever - I spotted the rubber 4mm bore turbo to actuator pipe for a 300 listed as £113 +VAT genuine....it's about 80mm long and was fixed with standard rubber pipe

Don't write them off completely , things like coil springs and dampers are priced more realistically

Steve

On 1/23/2024 at 8:39 PM, andy.cowman said:

Once its all nice and comfy do I pull the m57 engine and 6speed zf out of my old x5 and shove them in the defender?! I am so tempted!

Do it 😈

Mo

New springs in and its a big difference in comfort! Did 6 hours yesterday driving as I took it to work in Port Solent from Exmouth and it was really fine, even did 30mpg! 

On with the sound proofing next and then start collecting the bits to put the M57 in it ;)

• Like 4

This is becoming my thread about the blasted truck , not just springs! But it's all about making it usable.

Getting the air bubble sheets down which really dampen the panels then 10mm acoustic foam. It's massively noticeable just on the school run today.

Engine bay next to shut that noise up a bit 

PXL_20240130_141910614.jpg

PXL_20240130_162748759.MP.jpg

PXL_20240124_082451687.jpg