3D Printering - anyone got tips or useful things to print?

42 minutes ago, volvotgb said:

On a Prusa MK4, if you make the letters recessed, when you come to slice it, it asks you if this is a logo and if you say yes, you can print the first part up to the letters in the colour you want the letters and then it stops and you change the filament for the colour you want for the rest of it. Works really good.

I've had it ask me a few times if I'm printing a logo but never tried it, will have to find an excuse to give it a go!

In Prusaslicer, you can also set flags to pause printing at particular levels. I've used that a few times to embed nuts or weights completely inside a print. Just make sure there's a nut shaped void in the print, and pause it at the very top.

I printed a desk stand for a radio controller, and on a whim I embedded three tungsten weights that had been rattling round the desk for ages. It made a lovely stand that didn't fall over or slide around on the end of the cable. I forgot all about it until months later I spent ages hunting for those weights when I remembered what they were *really* for :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 2/18/2024 at 9:17 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

That's glorious 😍

Although 50kg of filament * ~20 quid a kilo = well, still the cheapest Merlin you'd ever buy I guess 🤔

Wonder if he's shared the files, a 1/10th scale version would be a hell of a desk ornament :D

Apparently the files are out there, not sure if on his site or elsewhere, but my understanding is that he is the one sharing them.