COLIGHT 12 Gang switch Panel Relay Box

Thank you, I had looked at these in the past, but like you found them too expensive really, your find does make it cheaper. 

One question, have you used the app and was it any good/use? 

39 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Thank you, I had looked at these in the past, but like you found them too expensive really, your find does make it cheaper. 

One question, have you used the app and was it any good/use? 

No, not yet. I have downloaded it but not synced it up yet. To be honest, beyond finely tuning RGB colours I don't really see the point. You could in theory use it for remotely switching lights but if you're standing next to your truck anyway, it seems easier to me to just reach in and hit a button.

That being said, you could use it to remotely switch on a parking heater like a thermotop-C. I've just acquired one and only realised it could be handy for that while writing this reply. Got me interested now. Next time I'm in my workshop I'll try the app and report back.

Edit:

By loading the app I've just noticed you can set flash speed. So maybe it can be used effectively for strobe function. I'll have to take a look.

I'm not with my truck but I downloaded the app and it seems fairly straightforward. Will update once I've had a chance to test it.

Edited by PolarBlair
  • Thanks 1

Does the app have a "I'm going to send all your data to the PRC" feel to it, or is it decent?

I've considered something like this for using in the Merc, so I could just use my phone as a switch panel and wouldn't have to modift the interior at all.

• Haha 1

Looks good, i like the idea that this gives you a whole load more take off points for accessories without cutting any existing wiring. The single wire through the bulkhead is also good, as I already have far too many additions going through mine. 

You could turn those direction arrows 90 degrees and have winch in/out control...

I wouldn't trust the app though. 

5 hours ago, elbekko said:

Does the app have a "I'm going to send all your data to the PRC" feel to it, or is it decent?

I've considered something like this for using in the Merc, so I could just use my phone as a switch panel and wouldn't have to modift the interior at all.

App feels reasonably well thought out. Nothing special but still bare bones and functional. It asks for some permissions all of which I denied except Bluetooth and only when the app is in use. 

I believe it asks for storage permissions to let you use your own custom button images.

Synced up immediately and I was able to easily set the button functions.

Flash interval can only be set through the app from what I can tell however selecting modes between constant/ momentary/ strobe is much easier and faster using the app.

It reacts immediately with no delay that I can detect.

This is the main screen:

Screenshot_20240123_100715_com.jance.magical.thumb.jpg.63cf619d6c491c18572f79cadde99150.jpg

This one is for programming functions:

Screenshot_20240123_100738_com.jance.magical.thumb.jpg.2435358de38139e959c6a6c87cf3b1e1.jpg

"Strobe" can be set to blink as quickly as 0.2s intervals which is ok but not what you would call a strobe function. Fine for amber beacons flashing though and better than the stock flash speed of 0.8s.

Screenshot_20240123_100726_com.jance.magical.thumb.jpg.1d81d1acef06564f78a6b9d3243ab35e.jpg

You can also have it in landscape so for those that don't want the control panel visible at all, it's entirely possible to just operate the unit from your phone in a dash cradle.

If I want to use this to remotely switch on a parking heater, I'll need to figure out some kind of Bluetooth repeater setup as there's no way it will reach from my house into the shed. Could be perfect for anyone that parks on their drive though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

Looks good, i like the idea that this gives you a whole load more take off points for accessories without cutting any existing wiring. The single wire through the bulkhead is also good, as I already have far too many additions going through mine. 

You could turn those direction arrows 90 degrees and have winch in/out control...

I wouldn't trust the app though. 

I had considered that but I use a wireless remote for my winch so the extra wiring seemed like more bother than it was worth.

You could definitely use it for a switched winch isolator too. I've got 3 kids so I just went for a dumb isolator that sits in the battery box. Don't trust those wee blighters as far as I can throw them!