Slight hijack but on rhis subject, the later plastic fuel tanks seem to have a breather with a rollover valve, either dirctly on the tank or teed into the breather that is part of the filler. Do these not need to be extended like the rear axle breather to a height where water is unlikelt to be? 

This is a pneumativ pipe, but they break from vibrations. A lot better is to use PA pipes instead of PU. You will get it at the pneumatic dealer as well. Normaly it is used for center greasing of trucks.

I used PA pipes very succesful for leak pipes at the injectors and fuel pipes.

5 hours ago, Sigi_H said:

This is a pneumativ pipe, but they break from vibrations. A lot better is to use PA pipes instead of PU. You will get it at the pneumatic dealer as well. Normaly it is used for center greasing of trucks.

I used PA pipes very succesful for leak pipes at the injectors and fuel pipes.

I’ve used window washer pipe for the injectors been on there 5 years now 😂

On 2/9/2024 at 8:44 PM, fmmv said:

Slight hijack but on rhis subject, the later plastic fuel tanks seem to have a breather with a rollover valve, either dirctly on the tank or teed into the breather that is part of the filler. Do these not need to be extended like the rear axle breather to a height where water is unlikelt to be? 

Yes it is wise to rise the tank breather as well. This can be troublesome on hardtops and csw's as you don't want either the axle or tank breathers inside.

Mike

• Thanks 1