Disco 1 inner wings

poacher

Mark posted a blow-by-blow account of doing his a couple of months ago.

On my rangie I patched them with fibreglass not long after I got the truck - it was only supposed to be a temporary repair to get me through to the summer, but it's lasted three years so far...

On my RRC, I used sections of plastic milk carton fastened on with cable-ties :D

Rog

I plated one of mine recently. It was drivers side and not that difficult since access is good and the rot was confined to the seam where vertical meets horizontal. A few strips of tin about 4 inches wide for the flat/slopey bits and some plates shaped for the vertical bits and bobs your uncle.

As geoff said, I did one of mine at the end of last year. If you look at the early pictures, you will see that mine were a bit beyond patching.... replaced the whole section, cos it seemed easier... <_< Ended up doing more than I bargained for, making a new light box at the front, and patching a lot of the footwell too.

hope that dosn't put you off!

enjoy

Mark