Jump to content

Disco 1 inner wings


poacher
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mark posted a blow-by-blow account of doing his a couple of months ago.

On my rangie I patched them with fibreglass not long after I got the truck - it was only supposed to be a temporary repair to get me through to the summer, but it's lasted three years so far...

On my RRC, I used sections of plastic milk carton fastened on with cable-ties :D

Rog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I plated one of mine recently. It was drivers side and not that difficult since access is good and the rot was confined to the seam where vertical meets horizontal. A few strips of tin about 4 inches wide for the flat/slopey bits and some plates shaped for the vertical bits and bobs your uncle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As geoff said, I did one of mine at the end of last year. If you look at the early pictures, you will see that mine were a bit beyond patching.... replaced the whole section, cos it seemed easier... <_< Ended up doing more than I bargained for, making a new light box at the front, and patching a lot of the footwell too.

hope that dosn't put you off!

enjoy

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy