User evidence required

bobzilla7

Guest diesel_jim

I've certainly used it, up to 8 or 10 years ago was the "first" time i used it, and probably a dozen or so times since then, but i've not got any "evidence" (ie, pictures, a signed statement by the pope, DNA sample etc) but feel free to use my name as someone who says that yes, i've definately used it.

would be interesting to see if it is downgraded what the horsey people would do there, as those tracks are more or less flat gravel, in between the fields and stables IIRC.

how would they go and feed the nags? :D

The lane I think Dale is referring to is a short section of RB (RUPP) that goes from the county boundary at SU108230 North West to another BOAT at SU104235.

This is a example of how daft the NERC act has made things. One lane but two county councils. One council did their duty, looked at the evidence and upgraded a RUPP to a BOAT. The neighbouring council didn't bother. Now a lane that must have vehicular rights along it's entire length could be lost.

Sorry I've never driven it, no evidence listed on grey Wayfinder either.

Not personally although I know where it is and can see it on my map now - by Greenacres Farm/Ash Cottage?

How does the process work - do we have to prove that is HAS been used in the past - or does going and driving it tomorrow help?

MJ

Past use I'm afraid.

Here's the exact location, the RuPP is just to the southeast of Greenacres Farm.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newprint.srf?x=...amp;searchp=n...

I've certainly used it, up to 8 or 10 years ago was the "first" time i used it, and probably a dozen or so times since then, but i've not got any "evidence" (ie, pictures, a signed statement by the pope, DNA sample etc) but feel free to use my name as someone who says that yes, i've definately used it.

would be interesting to see if it is downgraded what the horsey people would do there, as those tracks are more or less flat gravel, in between the fields and stables IIRC.

Hi Jim (and others)

if you could please write to WCC for me, that would be great. If not PM me with the times you used the lane, rough (or exact periods) and your name, address and I'll it pass on.

Ms Barbara Burke

Environmental Services Department

Wiltshire County Council

County Hall

Bythesea Road

Trowbridge

Wiltshire

BA14 8JD

There will be more evidence required, if any of the DMMOs receive objections. WCC will be uploading their pre NERC DMMOs soon. There's a lot.

The lane I think Dale is referring to is a short section of RB (RUPP) that goes from the county boundary at SU108230 North West to another BOAT at SU104235.

This is a example of how daft the NERC act has made things. One lane but two county councils. One council did their duty, looked at the evidence and upgraded a RUPP to a BOAT. The neighbouring council didn't bother. Now a lane that must have vehicular rights along it's entire length could be lost.

Sorry I've never driven it, no evidence listed on grey Wayfinder either.

WCC have been good at reclassifing Paul, they just have a lot more to reclassify than many CCs! Sadly NERC has given us many deadends, but that doesn't mean we have to turn back! ;)

Additionally, WCC don't see it as a high priority to re-sign as RBs.

I would imagine they would still have access rights (think 'easement' is the legal term?) to get to the fields?

I would imagine they would still have access rights (think 'easement' is the legal term?) to get to the fields?

I believe you would be right there.

OK, just spoke to my contact at WCC and she's happy to accept email evidence of usage, so please email me at:

wiltshire.rep@glass-uk.org

and I'll co-ordinate the evidence. You'll need to state the lane grid ref (SU 1043 2352 running south east to the county boundary), rough (or exact periods) when you've used it and your name and address (or just town and postcode if youy like).

thanks!

Shires used to use it years ago but not recent i don't think as it is not that PC to do green laning as much as clubs used to . But i don't know as i have been over here for a year.

But looked last night and had maps from years gone by with routes for shire days with this lane being one of the tracks. Plus used to use well before that too, for personal off roading days

Manly becasue it is around the corner from a place called soggy bottom. Never mind how dry a sumer it was there was always mud there. Fixed and drained the area last time i was there but that was about 2 years ago now