Silly question

GBMUD

Is it legal to wash a car on a road?

Every one does it I am sure, but is it legal to do it? What about local bylaws in some areas? I know that it is illegal to get mud all over the road as it may cause a hazzard to traffic. I guess that filling rainwater drains with mud may prove unpopular with the council too.

Police, local council highways bods, I know you are here, may I have your opinions? What do you think Will?

Thanks

Chris

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it isn't necessarily legal to PARK your car on the road (except in a designated parking space), So going along those lines it probably is illegal. But then again it's not whether it's legal but whether it's enforced :D .

Shaun

Perhaps more relevant is if you leave mud on the road and someone has an accident (or leave a puddle which freezes). I once had a neighbor (who was a total ar*ehole anyway) shout at me because he thought I'd washed the mud off the LR onto the road and it "would make it dangerous for children paying" (WTF kids should be playing in the middle of the road I don't know). As it was it'd just dropped off it while it was parked :lol: but still, these idiots are out there who would be on the phone to claims direct like a shot if they thought they could have you <_<

Roads are for driving on. They are not car parks. So I was told some time ago by the RAC Foundation.

There is still a law in force that prevents you working on a vehicle withing 50 yards of your property. Have a check to see how right I am please.

So do we assume that washing a car is working on one ???

mike FOAK

Knickers

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!!

Guest diesel_jim
There is still a law in force that prevents you working on a vehicle withing 50 yards of your property. Have a check to see how right I am please.

that sounds perfectly resonable to me.... you can leave oil stains outside someone elses house!! :D:D:D

There is still a law in force that prevents you working on a vehicle withing 50 yards of your property.

So, with my pedantic hat on, someone who rents a house is OK to work on their car at home, but a garage owner cannot? Can I work on my car at someone elses house? :P

Chris