EBC Green Stuff pads Squealing

tuko

EBC Pads always used (20 years ago) to have a reputation for squealing.  Having suffered with this, I changed to Genuine - and never had squealing again.

I'm sure there are other, cheaper non-squealey options - but Genuine worked for me!

Si

• Like 1

I’ve run green stuff for many years on mine (wilwood calipers). Never had squealing issues, but have had issues recently with the friction metrical separating from the backing plate. Anyone else had this?

i have limited choice of other pads to fit my calipers, many of which are full race pads.

I've had pad material separate from the backing twice with Greenstuff. Both times Defender front pads. It seemed to be caused by rust jacking, the water had got between the pad and the backing. But I don't do a lot of miles, so that might explain it. Otherwise they were fine.

14 hours ago, fmmv said:

I've had pad material separate from the backing twice with Greenstuff. Both times Defender front pads. It seemed to be caused by rust jacking, the water had got between the pad and the backing. But I don't do a lot of miles, so that might explain it. Otherwise they were fine.

I don't do a lot miles either, the Defender is in winter storage for 5~6 months of the year. I'll keep an eye on them now. 

On 9/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, Mo Murphy said:

This year I sold the other kidney and bought a double diaphragm servo kit from Lof. Once again a further improvement in reduction of pedal effort and feel of braking. It feels like proper car brakes now.

So I've found my brake set up that suits me now. Shame it took 30 years to find it 🤣

Mo

I've tried the Disco 1 double diaphragm servo without much luck basically because I bought someone else's junk. We are talking about parts that are over 30 years old. Funny thing is I have Luke's page bookmarked in my cell phone for the servo adapter ring. Eventually I will upgrade to the double diaphragm servo but using a more modern Defender unit.

I do have the double diaphragm servo in the hybrid and the braking is great. I hope to mimic that same braking performance in the Defender one day. 

On 9/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, Bowie69 said:

To be fair The Tesla ibooster conversion on my mine now feels more modern than my daily. 

But then my daily is a 91 Audi... 

Now you got me sidetracked with the ibooster conversion again. 😂😂

Actually I like this concept of a braking system upgrade but at this point I will wait till I have exhausted all other conventional options.